new Delhi. In present times, how much importance of health and life insurance has increased, no one is unknown now. More than one lakh people have died due to corona virus. But very few of these people will have life insurance. This can only be guessed. However, due to the premium of insurance, crores of people living in the country have not been able to get life insurance. But there is also such an insurance scheme that poor people get only one rupee per month and can benefit millions of rupees. This scheme is named as Prime Minister Suraksha Bima Yojana, named after PM Modi. Let us also give you complete information about this scheme.
What is the name of this scheme
This insurance scheme is named Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana due to the Prime Minister’s name being attached. This is an accidental insurance policy. Which runs from 1 June to 31 May. The annual premium of this policy is 12 rupees, that is, you have to deposit only one rupee in a month. Nobody has any problem in depositing one rupee in a month.
What are the benefits of this policy
– In this policy, Accidental and Disability cover is given at an expense of just Rs 12 annually.
Two lakh rupees are given in case of death of the policyholder or 100% disabled.
– If the insured is partially disabled in an accident, he gets a compensation of Rs 1 lakh.
– Anyone from the age of 18 to 70 years can take cover under this scheme.
These conditions have to be fulfilled before taking insurance
– You have to open a bank account before taking the policy.
In addition to deducting your premium from that bank account, compensation will also come in case of being injured or disabled.
– On death, all the rupees will be given to the nominee.
It should also be kept in mind that this insurance ends after the age of 70 years.
– To register with PMSBY, one can apply to any nearest bank.