new Delhi. Aadhaar card is required for any other work including taking advantage of government facilities. It is also used as an identity card, but you do not need to panic if your Aadhaar card is lost by mistake. You can remove a digital copy of it from the official website of Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) sitting at home. So let’s know the process of this
Digital base removed from home
1. Log on to the Aadhaar portal of UIDAI. Now go to the ‘Get Aadhaar’ section. Clicking here will open a new page.
2. Here you have to give information about either Aadhaar Number (UID), Registration Number (EID) or Virtual Number (VID).
3.After that you have to enter captcha code and click on option of ‘Send OTP’.
4. Once done, one time password will come on your registered mobile. It will be of 6 digits.
5. Put OTP on new page. Here you have to answer some of the questions asked in the Quick Survey.
6. Now click on the option ‘Verify And Download’. From here you can download a digital copy of Aadhaar card.
Aadhaar can be reprinted by paying a fee
If you want to get another copy of Aadhaar, you can also reprint it. For this, you will have to pay a fee of Rs 50 on the UIDAI website and apply for a re-print. Also, you should know your Aadhaar number or virtual identification number and you should have your mobile number registered for Aadhaar. Within 5 days of completing this process and making the payment, you will get an Aadhaar card through Speed Post.